Tuesday, December 22, 2009

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves: Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you NOT to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the Glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And, as we let our own Light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others."


That quote describes me and many of you that will read this blog as well. I remember the first time I heard this quote read out loud, I began crying because I knew that it was true. For as long as I can remember my parents, teachers, mentors and friends told me I was something special and that I can and will be something great if I put my mind to it. As much as I knew that to be true the negative words I heard in my head and from others have stopped me in my tracks time and time again. Its amazing how we can allow such small negative things to stand in the way of positive giants in our lives.  Today, I am at the place where I want to listen a little more to the positive giants and a little less to those small whispers. Maybe then, I will put aside the fears and have the strength and courage I need to manifest the Glory of God that is within. 

No comments: