"He has no body on earth but yours, no hands but yours, no feet but yours.Yours are the eyes through which His compassion for the world is to look out; yours are the feet with which He is to go about doing good; and yours are the hands with which He is to bless us now."
This quote makes me think a lot about what I do and how I live my life in this world. I know there have been times where I have not been the body, the hands, the feet or the eyes that Jesus has desired for me to be. I don't believe it has been intentional at all, rather it has been my own selfishness that has keep me from being those things. This quote inspires me to live the life that I was created to live. To love with my hands, feet, heart, eyes etc..
I know that in order to do those things I have to lay down my own desires, preferences, opinions and plans and pick up His. It is something I want to do and are willing to make the sacrifices to do so. Today is a new day! I will be intentional to let my life, on both a large and small scale reflect Him. If I don't do so well today, I will not give up! I will instead take one step at a time tomorrow and pick it up again until it becomes habit for me: to be the eyes through which His compassion for the world is to look out; the feet with which He is going about doing good; and the hands with which He is to bless this world now!
I know that in order to do those things I have to lay down my own desires, preferences, opinions and plans and pick up His. It is something I want to do and are willing to make the sacrifices to do so. Today is a new day! I will be intentional to let my life, on both a large and small scale reflect Him. If I don't do so well today, I will not give up! I will instead take one step at a time tomorrow and pick it up again until it becomes habit for me: to be the eyes through which His compassion for the world is to look out; the feet with which He is going about doing good; and the hands with which He is to bless this world now!
No comments:
Post a Comment