I am being rocked in this Coaching workshop I am apart of right now. Learning more about who He is an how He has created us. It has caused me to see the beauty in how He has created me. I am overwhelmed- the fog is lifting and life is beautiful!!
A phrase that the facilitator of the group said that really stood out to me was, "do you want to walk around for the rest of your life with a gaping wound on your side and blood dripping out and just coping? or do you want to be restored?" We all would say of course we don't but the steps that we sometimes have to take to get there are a bit painful and require us to dig up some necessary stuff from the past.
Today in my group we had to practice an exercise on the levels of Being ... intellect, emotion and drive/desire. So it was my turn to come up with something that has caused some frustration, or bothered me in my life most recently and I was to share it with my team and one person was to coach me through it. Little did I know it was going to be one of those moments for me of really walking out one of those levels of Being- emotion. So I began sharing about a moment in leadership in my life and some circumstances that surrounded it and I just broke. As I shared revelation came pouring over me like fresh water. As I shared in my pain and brokenness I felt restoration coming on me, flowing over me cleaning out those wounds. I know that area is not healed completely but I feel like the gunk has been washed out so that proper healing can begin.
A phrase that the facilitator of the group said that really stood out to me was, "do you want to walk around for the rest of your life with a gaping wound on your side and blood dripping out and just coping? or do you want to be restored?" We all would say of course we don't but the steps that we sometimes have to take to get there are a bit painful and require us to dig up some necessary stuff from the past.
Today in my group we had to practice an exercise on the levels of Being ... intellect, emotion and drive/desire. So it was my turn to come up with something that has caused some frustration, or bothered me in my life most recently and I was to share it with my team and one person was to coach me through it. Little did I know it was going to be one of those moments for me of really walking out one of those levels of Being- emotion. So I began sharing about a moment in leadership in my life and some circumstances that surrounded it and I just broke. As I shared revelation came pouring over me like fresh water. As I shared in my pain and brokenness I felt restoration coming on me, flowing over me cleaning out those wounds. I know that area is not healed completely but I feel like the gunk has been washed out so that proper healing can begin.
1 comment:
K- I LOVE reading about your inspiring life. I always knew you'd do something with a higher purpose! I'm proud of you for your sacrifice and service to an unfamiliar, yet important need. I will pray for you and your journeys. Thank you for keeping us all up-to-date through this blog!
Take care and God bless!
Post a Comment